MIR's admissions process is designed to help you learn about our curriculum, educational philosophy, and what it means for your child to be learning in an AMI Montessori school environment. We appreciate your interest in MIR and look forward to working with you.
Admissions are based on a balance of available spaces for each age, program level, and the child's readiness for the level of independence required in a Montessori classroom. Admission preference is given in the following order:
- - Children currently enrolled at MIR.
- - Siblings of current students, if they are registered during the re-enrollment month (March).
- - Children with a minimum of one full school year of previous Montessori experience.
- - New applicants.
STEPS TO ADMISSION
1. Parent observation and wait pool application: You must complete an observation, submit a wait pool application, and pay the application fee. Submit an inquiry form to request an observation.
2. Notification: MIR will contact you when space becomes available. Once space is confirmed, you are obligated to take the space and continue with the admissions process.
- - If you choose to delay the start date, you may forfeit the application fee and available space.
- - If space is not available by April of the current school year, you will have the option to request a refund of the application fee or remain in the wait pool for the following school year.
- - If your contact information changes prior to enrollment, please notify the school office.
3. Enrollment: Once your student is admitted, you will receive a link to our online enrollment form for completion. You must fill out the form, agree to adhere to the terms of the enrollment contract and the policies in the parent handbook, and pay all applicable enrollment fees.
4. Parent and student meetings: Once your enrollment is complete, you will have orientation and interview meetings scheduled with school administration and your child's teacher. Depending on the age of your student, we may also arrange visiting days. You will receive a new student packet for completion from the admissions office. This packet must be completed and returned to the admissions office before your child's first day of school.
To begin your application, please click "Application." Click on Create an Account. Once you have created an application account, sign in to begin your application. Click the "Add an Applicant" link that will be displayed to do so. Please ensure that popups are enabled in your browser.